
I often wonder what would life be if I hadn't met people I have met so far in my life and people who have become ,are or were at some point of time a part of me... my existence.What if I had gone to some other school,college.... who all would I have come across..who all would I have in my cherished memories . How far we travel in life is far less important than those who we meet along the way in our journey of life. I firmly believe that in my journey of life , whatever I have attained so far is partially because of me and mainly because of the people I have met. Even though I have a strong will power and am not much influenced by others, and have a mind of my own which is the master of all my thoughts and actions , being human I do ponder on what people around me are doing ,talking and thinking... and knowingly or unknowingly the decision making process is inclined towards whats happening around rather than what should happen .
In our life, we meet people. Some we never think about again. Some, we wonder what happened to them. There are some that we wonder if they ever think about us. And then there are some you wish you never had to think about again. There are some we are yet to meet, among those some would turn out to be great people and force us to think why dint we meet them before why did it take so long..?? Strangers are friends we are yet to meet... but what about strangers we never ever meet in our life? I wonder how would it be.. had life been more beautiful had I known some more people I have not had a chance to talk to? Life is generous enough to give us ample opportunities to explore the world around us and come in contact wit a lot of people but its just too short to know everyone out there. Life is too short to go back and take different turns just to find out which would have been better..where would that have lead to. the only option we are left with is to "Move On" with the choices we ever made thinking it was and probably it surely was the right choice.
With right choice comes making right choice for every small thing we do... from selecting toothpaste from umpteen number of brands to making friends and finally making a right choice in finding our soul mates. According to me, the basis of life is chemistry...ahh! no doubt its COMPLEX! We are attracted to some, we are repulsive for some and we are neutral for some. Some people are registered in our minds forever... no matter we talk to them or not, see them often or not . People leave an impression not only on our minds but also on our hearts. But then these are people we have given rights to venture into our very own heart, let them hold a place there , but what I wonder is what about those whom we were repulsive or neutral to? Were they not good enough ? Is what I ask myself. We all start liking someone only when we talk to them, get to know them better and spend some time with them..someone appearing an arrogant snob in the first meeting may turn out to be a completely different person with a pleasant persona after having known them .There is always a face behind a person and this face behind the face is dominated by some characteristics revealing the real character of a person, with real character I mean the way the person is and not the way the person should be , they may be childish, brave, emotional,sensitive or stone hearted, but we do not get a chance to pull off the veil from everybody's face . Destiny plays an important part here.... with millions of people in the world we meet only to the ones we are destined to meet and find a great deal of happiness in their company. ... may be we would have been happier had we had some other people in our life ,less miseries ..less stress or may be life would have been miserable with more miseries.
Of friends who once were strangers to me
I ponder how my life’s become the way it has
The way it has not... and all that jazz!
Things happen for a reason or may be not
I cannot question why, how or whatSo let it be, whatever it may be
I’m just blessed I chanced upon thee
In ways known, unknown I found
Friends who were not but yet around
Sprinkled softly with a luck so fine
Paths did cross, yes! yours and mine
A friendship so cherished began to sail
Making a difference to my lonesome tale
Fortune smiled, and so did I
For all of tomorrows as life goes by… (Courtesy : Google # Random Read)
With all these thoughts in my mind, I believe what we are offered is probably not the best that we could have got from life , but it definitely is what we deserve. I feel to be blessed with some wonderful people in my life who have had a positive influence in my life..but who knows may be I would have been luckier to have known a few more "Strangers".
2 comments:
Well written sweta....and very true.
We meet strangers,then they become frnds....and slowly they become a part of our life.....lyf is really strange....
i liked the 2nd paragraph very much :)
Post a Comment